All teaching staff recognise the importance of incorporating careers into the curriculum and will use a wide variety of resources to highlight the career opportunities linked to their subject. They also have access to the employability section of the school website and intranet (Firefly) where there is a range of links to external sites, information about employability activities in the school and PowerPoint presentations. Teachers are encouraged to implement the following in their classes:
- A prominent display that links subject learning and skill development to different careers
- Develop links with businesses and organisations
- Invite Alumni and other external speakers to come into school (virtually where an actual visit is not feasible)
- Where appropriate to organise external visits by students to local businesses/organisations
- Record careers learning opportunities for students in schemes of learning.
- Explore the possibility of developing real projects/challenges for students with a local business or organisation
- Consider the needs and interests of all students and ensure that information challenges stereotyping including gender and disability