The Kings of Wessex Sports Academy is open to all students, regardless of their course. We understand that many students love playing school sport and have desires of fulfilling a career outside of sport, in other industries, so we try to ensure that your time at Sixth Form provides everything you need, to make your time here memorable!
Kings’ Sports Academy is affiliated with the Association of Colleges (AoC), and has experienced coaches who deliver their sport programmes to our students. Our competing teams are as follows:
- 1st team Football (men’s) AoC Fixtures
- 2nd team Football (men’s) Friendlies
- 1st team Rugby (men’s) AoC Fixtures and Rosslyn Park 7s
- 1st team Mixed Hockey AoC Fixtures
- 1st team Netball (women’s) AoC Fixtures
- 1st team Football (women’s) County Cup and Friendlies
- 1st team Rugby (women’s) Somerset Development League and Rosslyn Park 7s
These teams compete against other South West Colleges and games are played on a Wednesday afternoon. Fixtures are organised by the AoC and by our coaches in friendly and development leagues. Students have the opportunity to test their skills against students in other college teams. There are also regional cup fixtures organised with every team for the chance to win some trophies.
The Kings’ Sports Academy family is not just about fixtures and training, the membership allows the students to work on their Strength and Conditioning, attend Fitness Classes, access our 25 metre Swimming Pool and develop a lifelong routine in sport and exercise.