- About Us
- Christian Ethos
- Sixth Form
The Virtual Learning Platform (VLP) used by the school is called Firefly. Firefly is used for many porposes that can be categorised as communicating with students and parents. Some of these are:
Help for Firefly can be found here
To view your child's reports please log in to Firefly as a parent.
The login panel should look as in the image on the left, below. To log in as a parent please bear in mind the following:
1. Avoid logging in as your child, this often happens when computers are shared.
2. Make sure you are logging in using the login panel as shown. As a parent you won't want to be using the "Login for GOVERNORS, STUDENT TEACHERS and OTHER TMP Users" login, so look for "STUDENTS, PARENTS and STAFF". If it does not say "Login for STUDENTS, PARENTS and STAFF" as where ringed in red, the text ringed in blue will read "Login for STUDENTS, PARENTS and STAFF" - click on this to change to the correct login panel.
3. If using Firefly for the first time your parent's account will need to be activated. To start this process click on the text ringed in green below.
4. Whether logging in, or activating your account, use the email address you have given to the school as your username. Changes take 24 hours to become effective.
5. If you experience difficulty logging in to Firefly, please contact IT support on 01934 745356
Firefly will inform a parent of their child's reports, timetabling and homework tasks, together with more general subject matter, news items, letters, blogs, and detailed calendar.
In each academic year there is one Parents' Evening per year group, when subject staff are available to talk with you about your child's progress.
Parents' Evenings are organised by an electronic booking system. A letter will be sent to families prior to an event; bookings can be made by parents on line up to 48 hours before the consultation evening. Where students have two family homes we would ask parents to liaise, with regards to appointments, and attend these meetings jointly.
Arrangements can be made at other times to meet the Tutor, Head of House or other teachers if problems arise. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about your child's education. If there are problems with your son or daughter at home we would also like to know as soon as possible. We are always pleased to see parents by appointment.
The Parents' Evening system enables you to book your appointments online. Appointments will be between 4pm and 7pm.
You will login to the Parents' Evening system using your Firefly login details. Just click the Login with Firefly button.
Booking for appointments opens at 10am on the Saturday two weeks and four days before a Parents' Evening. There are only a maximum of 33 appointments for any teacher, and potentially many more parents who would like an appointment, so it is advisable to book early.