Through engagement with a broad range of texts, all students explore cultural and social ideas, develop creative communication skills and grow to become passionate, critical and original thinkers.
- All learners engage with a variety of ambitious texts spanning different time periods, cultures, forms and genres.
- Learners engage in discussion of cultural, social and contextual issues and debates with respect and empathy.
- Learners develop communication skills, both verbally and in writing. They are confident, accurate and original in their expression of ideas and thoughtful listeners.
- Learners can work both collaboratively and independently.
- Learners are creative and critical in their thinking and analysis of texts.
- Learners are equipped with the skills in communication needed for the next stage of their education, employment or life.